|For blog integrity, this was acutally taken |
2 minutes after rolling out of bed. No makeup.
Fix your Face in Five Minutes Flat
1. 15 seconds: spray your roots with dry shampoo and let it set while you're doing your makeup.
|My favorite cheap dry shampoo|
2. 60 seconds: apply a multi tasking BB cream, like Benefit Big Easy, all over with your fingers. I prefer this one because it's got your SPF 35 and moisturizer, dries to a powdery finish, and actually gives good coverage like a foundation. Undereye concealer is not something I can skip, thanks to my ever present dark circles. Use a multitasking concealer, like this drugstore steal, L'Oreal Magic Lumi to conceal them and highlight under the eye.
|No brushes. Just smooth on with your fingers|
Again, no brushes used. Just blend with your fingers
4. 30 seconds: add a wash of color to your eyelids. I like to use Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Sin for color that won't budge, Stila Smudge Crayon in Kitten or Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rose Gold. Another good budget option is NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil; I love the lilac shade used with a primer. Just swipe on your lid, just past your crease and blend with your finger. Add a little to the inner corners of your eyes to look bright and awake.
5. 30 seconds: eyeliner. Just a quick swipe close to the upper lashline, to add the illusion of thicker lashes. Brown and grey are more forgiving than black, in this situation. I like to use smudgeable ones, like the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencils or the Stila Smude Sticks. After you've applied a thin line close to the lashline, smudge it out with your finger. This gives subtle definition and polish to your (quick) look. I skip the bottom.
Smudge your liner right in the lashline
5. 30 seconds: curl your eyelashes. I know, I know. You think it's crazy to add in a step, with a tool, in this harried, rushed regimen. Trust me, it makes such a huge difference and is totally worth the 30 seconds. Curled lashes make your eyes look more open. And I really hate those straight, downward horse lashes. You know what I'm talking about. Don't have horse lashes.
6. 45 seconds: two coats of mascara. Always apply mascara after you've curled your lashes. If you do it before, it clumps and looks gross.
7. 15 seconds: brush those brows. Sometimes, I'll brush through some Gimme Brow, which has a little spoolie applicator, just to even them out and give a little color. But if you skip filling them in, at least brush them. You can dab your finger over some plain ol' chapstick and use that to tame them in place.
8. 15 seconds: flip your head over, rub in your dry shampoo and brush it out. Or for curly girls, just tousle your hair a lot and go for a wavy look.
Total time: 4.5 minutes. You're a champion. You look put together and natural, and no one has to know you just woke up.
Do your lips in the car (while not driving, obviously) and go forth with the confidence that you can take on whatever the day throws your way, gorgeous!